Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What is in a name?

A lot apparently. I thought thinking of a name for the business would be one of the easiest things I would have to do in this whole process. I think I was wrong. Back when I wanted to do just cupcakes, I had a few names I was considering, but I quickly realized they were either taken or just not fitting what I wanted to represent.  I have had tons of great suggestions from friends and family, and some not so great ones....you know who you are. ;)

Then when I decided to expand out to so much more. Thats where it got more difficult. At first I wanted to call it a bakery but when most people hear bakery, they think bread. Don't get me wrong, I love bread, but I love to eat it, not make it. I thought about Patisserie, but thats way to french, and I doubt I will be anywhere near authentic french pastries.

There are so many options, its overwhelming. But the word "Treat", now that word is what I am all about. Treating yourself.

So from there....came, Urban Paradise Treats, Gourmet Urban Treats, but the word Urban, gave not just me, the impression that if you walked into my shop, you were gonna get a glock in your face. So no more urban.  Then my friend "Cheese n' Crackers", came up with "Treatpocalypse- So good, it will end the world for all other treats." Now that, is the kinda originality and non cutesy factor I am looking for. But as cool as it is, It doesn't feel like it fits.

So while I put words together, and create new ones in hopes of finding the name of my future business. I can't help but wonder, how cool would an exploding cupcake logo be? Right, Court?

No comments:

Post a Comment

about me

Pages