Sunday, August 8, 2010

The beginning of something big....I hope.

So the whole point of this blog, is because I am a 24 year old aspiring business owner. Not just any business. I want to own a bakery/dessert shop. Its more than just a bakery. It would be a gourmet treat shop.

So I guess in my "quest' to open this shop, I have obviously been doing as much research as possible about the process I need to go through to make this happen. I have found a lot online, but its always scattered information. So I thought that well maybe it would be interesting to document every aspect of bringing a business from idea to reality. And not just the process from the bank loans on. but from the dirty, poor inexperienced bottom up. I thought that if i were to document my process, that whether I failed or succeeded, that maybe it could help someone to see basically where someone started and learn from my mistakes and successes.

I am basically starting from the very beginning. I have no money but tons of ideas. I am years, I believe,  away from having my own storefront, but there is so much more to accomplish in the meantime. Like basic experience. I know that I can come up with the ideas and I know I can make them work, but I wont act like I know it all. There is still a lot of industry information to learn and I am more than willing to learn. I have been doing a massive amount of market research about what is popular, what is sustainable and what isn't. I had originally wanted to open up a cupcake bakery. I was dead set on selling nothing but cupcakes. After all my research and talks with friends and family, I realized that if I wanted to be successful, I had to expand my inventory. So from just cupcakes, I decided to expand out to pastries, cookies, pies, cheesecake etc. I have been leaning towards the feeling of a bakery dessert shop. I am not big on breads or big cakes. I just want people to say "That would be a great first date place!" or "lets stop there and get dessert for tonight!" or having people want my stuff at their parties, baby showers, weddings! I want to be proud of my product and the fact that people would pay money to eat it. That is my ultimate dream.

So with all these dreams of success and business glory running through my head. I have never been more certain of this goal and this is what I want to do as my career. If I have to bust my ass the rest of my life, it will be doing something I love, and I refuse to settle for less!

So hopefully this blog, will at the very least show someone what not to do. but hopefully, it will show where that famous bakery in Oregon started out from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

about me

Pages